Fear and rejection are intertwined. Primary work of demons is torment…the tormentors. Demons torment us, but we can turn around and torment the demons. Fight through to get free of the fear. Demons torment us, but the Spirit of God torments them. Discipline is not punishment. Discipline is correction. God disciplines us, but doesn’t torment us. He doesn’t give us fear…cause us to cringe in fear.
What is torment? As a verb, it is an action that comes against us…but then it becomes our state: as a noun – a state of great bodily or mental suffering. Difference between fear and its torment is trust and rest. Abide – stay – don’t be moved & trust.
Three things that open the door for fear to come in:
Disobedience/sin to the word /voice of God
The two voices in the head (Jesus said, “My sheep know My voice and follow Me.”)
Do not listen to the voices in our head that does not line up with the word of God – discard it.
Fear of God means the “awe” of God. Two voices: which one will you believe? Will you choose?
What is fear:
Fear is contagious.
Fear is blinding.
Fear is a blockage.
Fear is unbelief. When you’re in fear, you’re in unbelief. (Mark 4:39 – in a storm – Jesus sleeping – spoke to storm…peace be still. Jesus said, how are you so fearful, that you have no faith.) In Mark about moving the mountain, you speak to the mountain – don’t ask God. Don’t doubt, but believe. We’ve been trained and conditioned to not believe exactly what Jesus said. Speak and stand up in the authority given you.
Faith is rest. Faith is the Sabbath…the eternal Sabbath. We live in the Sabbath…that day of rest.
Fear is a form of death. When you are living in fear, you are already on the edge of the abyss. Because you cut yourself off from the supply of faith. Walking in fear, walking in death.
Fear is unperfected love (John 4:17 , There is no fear in love. Perfect love casts out fear… (opposite of fear is boldness)
It seems almost impossible not to have some fear and how can you not doubt. How do we deal with this? What do we do this? Must be a way to get free and walk without fear. It is possible to live without fear and to live in faith…in full faith. If something is chronic in your life, you still haven’t been perfected in love and faith yet. Why aren’t we seeing more miracles, because of unbelief.
How can I be perfected in love, except I finally accept the fact that HE loves me. You’re forgiven. You’re forgiven. Jesus’ blood has so much power that all the sin in the world is forgiven before the eyes of God. He loves us.
God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of:
1. Power – authority – dunamis – volatile power to deal with anything .
No longer let fear control and run your life. I’ll walk it out. Do not accept it. Tell it to get out. Do it till it’s done. God’s given us power in place of fear.
2. Love: accept that you are so loved, so favored and so chosen. Receive it. Decide that you are loved.
3. Sound Mind: a mind that doesn’t listen to the wrong voice. Everything in my life has a scripture that applies to it. Meditate on God’s word. Keep my mind stayed on Him. Thank the Lord for your sound mind.
Scripture to help you: Romans 12: 1-2 NKJV: “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world (serpent and all its knowledge), but be transformed by the renewing (saturate with God’s word)of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”
Let’s do an ultimatum against fear. What to do against fear: we…
1. Confront: Job 3:24-26, For sighing has become my daily food; my groans pour out like water.
What I feared has come upon me; what I dreaded has happened to me. 26 I have no peace, no quietness;
I have no rest, but only turmoil.”
Whatever you’re fearing, you’re faithing for…because it is a negative type of faith. Fear can only control us if we believe in it. Job was believing that this terrible thing was going to come upon him, and it did. Confront the fear – tell it no. Talk to it like a personality…which it is.
2. Confess: get the word – God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. I claim those spirits. Lord your power, your power working in me. Confess…confess the word. Don’t wait till it over takes you. Run it off and out of your life. Don’t back down. Take your stand. Get your sword and scare the devil. Torment him. This is serious business. This is something you basically are going to have to do for yourself. Get serious with these things and say, speak to the mountain…speak to the demon…speak to the personality that’s inhabiting you and your household and tell it to get out. Don’t back out and keep doing it till it’s gone. Let’s agree that we’ll become the warriors that God wants us to be and that there will come the day that there’ll be peace on all our borders. That we’ll have no fear.
3. Conquer: we’re more than conquerors. We have a creative tongue. There’s death and life in the tongue.
Prayer against Fear
I declare God has not given me a spirit of fear. I command every spirit of fear, get out of me. Get out of my life. I renounce you. You’re not from God and I am a son or daughter of God, in Jesus Name. Thank you Jesus for the power of your blood and that you conquered the enemy on the cross. And so this day, in the name of Jesus, I receive the fullness of power…spirit of power come upon me. Fill me, in Jesus Name. I receive your love Father. I believe your love. I declare this day that I’m loved far beyond what I understand, but I choose to believe that. And I receive your love. I know you understand me. I know that you’ve taken care of my future…my whole life is in your hands. And you’re going to give me life. You’re going to give me health. You’re going to give me freedom, even this day, in Jesus Name. And Lord I thank you for a sound mind. I receive the mind of Christ. My mind is being renewed until it is cleared of all fear and I am in full total trust. I come to rest in the promises, in Jesus Name. You will not fail me. I am more than a conqueror. And I shall not fear death. Fear of death, leave me. I give you my body, Lord, as a living sacrifice that you will sanctify me body, soul and spirit according to your word Lord, in Jesus Name…Amen!! So be it Lord!